Are you getting ready for the upcoming Hari Raya Celebrations?
With the easing of the Covid-19 safety measures, we can now look forward to reuniting and enjoying large gatherings with family and friends. However, inviting more people to your place means more work to be done. Fret not, as we have got what you need to navigate through the busy Pre-Hari Raya preparations.
Read on for a comprehensive guide on things to do, and remember to check out the bonus surprise we have at the end for you!
Before the Hari Raya Celebrations commerce's, Muslim families go through a month-long practice of abstinence. This often includes fasting during the month of Ramadan.
During this period, make sure you and your family stay healthy with these simple tips:
- Consume a balanced diet during Suhur and Iftar to ensure you get the proper nourishment.
- Ensure you get sufficient rest. Go to bed earlier to make sure you wake up with adequate time for Suhur.
- Keep track of your body stats with Terraillon Tensio Wrist. Track your blood pressure and heart rate anywhere with this portable monitor.
Spring cleaning is one of the biggest challenges everyone faces. To ensure you don’t miss out on any area, categorize the tasks and complete them bit by bit to make them more achievable.
Before you begin, make sure you have all the cleaning supplies such as microfiber cloth, sponges, mops, and toilet brush on hand.
Keep your bathroom looking fresh
- Perform a deep clean to remove dirt, grime and all traces of residue such as limescale, mould and soap scum.
- Conduct a thorough wipe down on all the bathroom fixtures
- Lastly, sanitize the bathroom with an anti-bacterial solution.
Gear up for company in the living room
- Do your floors feel sticky even though you just mopped them? If yes is your answer, you might be using the wrong type of cleaner.
Use a specialized cleaner to cater to different types of flooring.
Here’s our recommendation on cleaners for each different type of flooring:
- Update your living room with new textiles. Give those curtains and carpets a good wash, so they smell and look good for your guest.
Need some extra space to dry your freshly washed laundries? Check out the JP.Stilus range of laundry racks. You are bound to find one for your needs.
- Set the mood! Hang fairy lights with decorating clips
- Inject some personality to your home with handmade ketupat decorations and lanterns on clear hooks.
Bake marvelous treats in the kitchen
- Treat your loved ones to mouth-watering Raya Goodies – the highlight of every open house.
Showcase your cooking skills and delight the whole family with homemade goodies like assorted kuihs, cornflake cookies and almond sugee. Get everyone together and turn it into a family bonding activity.
Create these delectable treats with help from Terraillon’s professional range of Kitchen Scales and Utensils.
With all these Hari Raya preparation tips, you are finally ready to welcome guests into your home! Add those final touches by putting out some fresh flowers and set the mood by playing festive music around the house.
At the end of the day, the most important thing is to enjoy this time with family and friends. Take this time to reconnect with those who are important to you.
Here’s wishing all our readers an Eid Mubarak in advance!
Shop for all your Raya Essentials at O’Here today!
New to O’Here?
Use the promo code “NEWTOOHERE” to enjoy 8% off your purchase*
*Terms & Conditions Apply