Order $40 or more: FREE Delivery
Order before 2 pm, ships out the SAME DAY! FAQ
- Strong protection repels water-based spills for easier cleanup
- Ideal for household items like upholstery, curtains, pillows, table linens, backpacks, luggage and more
- Perfect for use on clothing like shirts, dresses, silk ties, suits, outerwear, canvas shoes and more
- Simple, one-step application
- Dries clear and odourless
- Safe for use on delicate or dry-clean-only fabrics like silk and wool
- Doesn't impede fabric's breathability
- Reapply Scotchgard ™ Fabric Protector after washing
- One can cover an average-sized couch, two chairs or five jackets
Keep almost any kind of fabric looking like new with a few simple steps
- 1.Prepare protect surrounding non-fabric materials from overspray. If overspray occurs, quickly wipe up.
- 2. Shake Shake can well.
- 3. Test Test for colourfastness. Spray hidden area until wet and wipe a vigorously with a white absorbent cloth. If colour rubs off, DO NOT USE.
- 4.Spray Hold can upright 6" (15cm) from the fabric surface. Overlap spray using a slow, sweeping motion. Two light coats are better than one heavy coating.
- 5. Dry Allow drying between coats.
- 6. Reapply Reapply after every cleaning or annually to maintain protection. The durability of protection varies with wear. NOTE: May give the fabric a slightly darker, richer tone.
YOUR THINGS ARE WORTH PROTECTING
- CHAIRS UPHOLSTERY - Keep your chairs looking their finest
- BACKPACKS - Make sure your child's backpack make it through the school year
- CLOTHING - Wear your favourite jacket, worry-free
What kinds of things can I use Scotchgard Fabric Water Shield on?
Use Scotchgard Fabric Water Shield on upholstery, throw pillows, table linens, fabric purses, clothing, canvas shoes, backpacks, luggage and other fabric items.
How long does Scotchgard" Fabric Water Shield take to dry?
At about average room temperature (70 degrees F, 50% Humidity), your fabric or upholstery should dry overnight, but make sure to check before you start using treated surfaces again. When it's colder or more humid, it might take longer for your surfaces to dry. Ventilating the area by opening windows or using a fan will help Scotchgard'' Fabric Water Shield dry faster. If you're just drying between coats, 2 - 4 hours is usually sufficient.
What fabrics can Scotchgard Fabric Water Shield be used on?
In general, Scotchgard Fabric -Water Shield can be used on cotton, polyester, silk, wool, acrylic, nylon, and most other washable fabrics. Do not use on "X" coded fabric (a fabric that cannot be cleaned with water or solvents). You can find this code on the tag sewn into your fabric item. It is always best to test on a small, out-of-the-way spot first to make sure your fabric will stay colourfast.
Can Scotchgard" Fabric Water Shield be used on smooth leather?
Do not use Scotchgard Fabric Water Shield on leather as it could damage leather surfaces.
Can Scotchgard" Fabric Water Shield be used on suede?
Do not use Scotchgard Fabric Water Shield on suede - instead, use Scotchgard Suede & Nubuck Protector.
Can I use Scotchgard' Fabric Protector on microfiber?
If your fabric is microfiber, we'd recommend testing an out-of-the-way spot before applying Scotchgard Fabric Water Shield on a broad area. Allow it to dry and then look for any change in the feel of the fabric. May give the fabric a slightly darker, richer tone.
Can I use Scotchgard Fabric Water Shield to protect an autograph on fabric?
Scotchgard'" Fabric Water Shield shouldn't be applied over any ink - like an autograph or sketch in marker or pen - because the ink may not remain colourfast and could bleed.
How often should Scotchgard Fabric Water Shield be reapplied?
For upholstery or similar fabrics, reapply Scotchgard Fabric Water Shield every six months or after every professional or water extraction cleaning. For fabrics that you launder, reapply Scotchgard Fabric Water Shield every time you wash or dry clean your item.
How much can I protect with one can of Scotchgard' Water Shield?
One can protect one average-sized sofa, two chairs, or five jackets. Coverage varies with size, fabric type, and the amount of product you apply.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.